Superbowl


Our Superbowl experience was quiet this year.
Just the two of us curled up in front of the the TV, commenting on commercials.  The menu was incredibly simple, but good.  For Alex, I made fried chicken tenders with homemade honey mustard, and loaded potato skins.  For myself I made sweet potato black bean chili with quinoa, and it's all gone cuz it was so stinking good.  I found the recipe on Pinterest.  Shocker!  Before the game started and before all the cooking fun began, Luie was sleeping in my lap.  He lifted his head up to let out a big yaaawn, and I said "whoowee!  Luie your breath stinks!"  Alex started laughing, and Luie flipped.  He sat up, started growling and barking, then looked at me, and went back to sleep on my lap.  So we learned something new: don't make fun of Luie's breath.  It's a sensitive subject.  He had fun playing in the snow Saturday morning, but only for a few minutes.  Big tough guy can't stand to have cold paws.  It's meatless Monday!  I think I'll be keeping it pretty "down home" with mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, black eyed peas, and sauteed kale.  Have a great week!

Comments

Popular Posts