Chili Night

Chili night at our house is maybe a little unconventional.  I make 2 pots of chili, one for Alex and one for me.    Alex's chili is pretty simple: 1 lb ground beef browned, 1 packed Lipton beefy onion soup mix, 1/2 packet McCormik chili seasoning, 2 cans Brooks chili hot beans, 1 can diced tomatoes chili ready.  I make sure I have diced onion and cheddar cheese on hand.  Gotta know how your man likes his chili.  Suzie's chili: 1 cup black beans, 1 cup jared salsa, 1/2 cup corn.  I usually make some couscous or rice to serve with my chili.  Easy!  Sometimes I go a little crazy and throw some sweet potatoes into my chili.  Sometimes I use lentils instead of black beans.  The sky's the limit.  Thank goodness for leftovers, I'm all for having a night off from cooking.

Comments

Popular Posts