Cake Decorating 101 - Class 3


This week was much more successful than last week. My cupcakes were actually somewhat picture worthy. I am taking requests for cake flavors now. Alex and Dad both agreed that they wanted chocolate this week. I am still having problems with icing consistency. It seems to always be too thick or too thin. Today we worked on shell borders, leaves, 'shaggy mums', and star flowers. I am nervous about next week, because we have to have a 'cake project,' and I am not very good at icing a cake. I hate to admit it, but I am a little relieved that the last class is next week. I want to take the next class, which is flowers, but I tired of packing up half my kitchen every Saturday morning and then bringing it home to wash. Icing is awful to have to clean up. But it's definitely been fun. And PS - these cupcakes made the 30 minute trip back home in a hot car, so they are not exactly at their peak. They looked a little perkier during class.

Comments

  1. These look great!! Even with the car ride. : ) I know what you mean about icing... It took me days to get it out of some of the stuff I used to decorate my brother's cupcakes.. I wonder if there's a trick or something that we should be doing to make it easier?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, my instructor says she uses Dawn dish washing liquid because "Dawn cuts grease" I usually put a drop of Dawn down into my pastry bags, rub it back and forth between my palms really well, and rinse out the icing. It seems to be a little less messy that way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts