Tuna and White Bean Salad


One of my favorite summer salads. I got inspiration for the recipe from Giada De Laurentiis, Everyday Italian. The first time I read the recipe I thought it sounded disgusting. But it was such a simple recipe, and I'm such a fan of tuna, I decided to try it. This is my recipe with some tweaks from the original, but you can add or take away anything you like, it just depends on what you have in the kitchen. But chances are you already have all the basics. Because I am the only person in the house who eats this, I make small portions. The following recipe would last me about 2 days if I had it for lunch.

One 5 oz can of chunk light tuna packed in olive oil
Pepper to taste
1 (15 oz) can of cannellini beans (aka white kidney beans), drained and rinse
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Squeeze of lemon juice
~ 2-3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
~ 1 -2 tablespoons of chopped parsley

In a large bowl, add the tuna with olive oil (do not drain the oil). Break the tuna up into smaller, bite size pieces. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix together. Transfer to plates and serve as is, or over fresh salad greens.

Comments

Popular Posts