Homemade Laundry Detergent


I'm all about homemade things, so when a friend of mine at work said that she makes her own laundry detergent, I was fascinated. This is incredibly simple to make, cheap, and lasts a long time. The total cost of making it was about $8. It should last about 5-6 months.

1 cup of Borax
1 cup of Baking Soda for laundry
1 bar of soap, grated (I used Fels-Naptha, a laundry soap used to remove stains, found it at Ace Hardware)

Mix thoroughly. Use about 1 to 2 tablespoons of detergent per load of laundry.


Comments

  1. Hi, Suzie! Michael said thank-you for the birthday wishes. :) Also, I've been meaning to comment on this post...I had started a comment message the other day, but I didn't finish it...I think it's so neat that you made your own laundry detergent! I was actually in Bell Buckle a few weeks ago, and a local vendor had homemade fabric softener. I thought it was the neatest thing! So smart, easy, and affordable!

    Anyway, I hope you all are doing well...
    Keep in touch!
    -Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts