Dinner for 2

Mr. Drake and I agree on some things, food not being one of them.  I am a half-hippie, granola munching, veggie burger eating, "SAVE THE CHICKENS!" proclaiming health nut.  Mr. Drake is more of a "where's the beef?" type of guy.  If there's no meat on the plate, it must not be a meal.  Sometimes dinner together can pose a challenge, but I'm up for it, and I love cooking for my favorite.   Tonight it's hamburger steaks with green peas and carrots, and leftover baked potato.  My hamburger steak = a veggie burger with some sauteed onions on top.  It's not much... but at least it's not a cow :)  I haven't made hamburger steak for Alex in I can't remember when, so when I'm looking for guidance on simple but delicious meals, this is where I go:  www.thepioneerwoman.com.  Never disappointed.  One of my favorite things about this website is that she has a "cowboy food" section for man-approved meals.  Comes in handy when trying to feed a hungry husband.  For the hamburger steaks, I followed most of Ree's recipe for Salisbury steak, but I didn't make the gravy, I just stuck with the sauteed onions.  For peas and carrots I heat up a little olive oil in a sautee pan, add diced carrots, let them cook for a few minutes, add frozen peas, season with salt and pepper, sautee until the peas and bright green, not over cooked.  I thought I hated green peas when I was little, my mom only cooked canned green peas... gross.  What's your go-to place for recipes?

Comments

Popular Posts