Beets Premier at House Drake

Dinner tonight: chicken tenders, homemade honey mustard, baked potatoes, roasted kale and beets.  Guess which one was my idea?  We'll see how it goes over with the husband, but the puggle apparently approves of beets.  I really hope my kids are as good about eating their veggies as my dog.  Here's what I did:

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, on a baking sheet coat a few Yukon gold potatoes in olive oil, sprinkle with salt.  I left the potatoes whole, you could dice them if you like.  Bake for about 45 minutes.
Go check the mail, feed the dog, contemplate watching an episode of Mad Men. Back to cooking.

Season all purpose flour with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and chili powder.  Mix a couple tablespoons of milk into the flour, stir it around.  Dredge the chicken tenders in the flour mixture, fry in canola oil (I use just enough to coat the pan).
While the chicken cooks, make the honey mustard: roughly a 3:2:1 mixture of mayo, mustard, and honey.  Try not to eat it with a spoon [yum].
When the potatoes come out of the oven, turn the temperature down to 375 degrees.  On a baking sheet, toss chopped kale with thinly sliced beets, chopped garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.  Roast veggies for about 15 minutes.

Enjoy!


Comments

Popular Posts