Steak & Broccoli

Ok, this stuff was gone so fast I didn't have a chance to get a picture of it... guessing that's a good sign.  I went to my go-to girl Ree (aka The Pioneer Woman) for a dinner suggestion, and I needed something that could be ready in a hurry... why?  Well let me tell you.  Every time somebody hiccups our boss orders us pizza for lunch.  Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful, but my waist is showing it.  This means I get to spend more time at the gym hopping up and down on the elliptical... which means I have less time to cook dinner.  And this chick is not about to fix some Hamburger Helper.  Here's what I did:

Flank steak, thinly sliced
~3 Tbsp chopped ginger
2 cloves chopped garlic
~1/4 cup soy sauce
~2 Tbsp canola oil
~3 Tbsp lime juice

Toss the steak in the marinade, let it sit while the pan heats up.  Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat.  Add steak and marinade to the pan in a single layer.  Brown on one side, turn and cook for another minute.
For the broccoli, I cut the florets, sauteed them with olive oil, chopped garlic, salt and pepper.

I started unpacking the groceries at 6:30, everything was ready by 7.  Works for me!


Comments

Popular Posts