Whole Wheat Apple Muffins

The heat today helped to snap me back into reality that it is indeed not yet fall (darn, do I have to start shaving my legs again?).  Cooler weather over the last week has left me craving all things autumn: hot tea, sweaters, football, pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks (to be released the first week of September... yes I Googled it, judge me if you must), and anything that combines apples and cinnamon.    I woke up one morning a few days ago craving apple muffins and finally mustered up the energy to make them last night... holy moly are they delicious.  Even Alex ate one, the guy who "doesn't eat cooked apples," nobody can resist the smell of cinnamon and apples baking.  Here's a link to the recipe:  Whole Wheat Apple Muffins  The only tweak that I made was with putting the second batch in the oven, the recipe says to start the muffins off at 450 degrees, then turn the oven down to 400.  By the second batch I didn't have the patience for temperature changes, so I just baked them at 400 for 20 minutes, and they turned out fine.  The next time that I make them I probably won't add the brown sugar on top, although I might make a streusel topping to give them extra texture.  The recipe says that it yields about 18 muffins, I got 20.  I put about a dozen of them in the freezer so that in a few months when Little Britches comes home we can pop a couple muffins in the microwave and not have to worry about what's for breakfast... I have a feeling we'll be grateful.

Comments

Popular Posts