Spicy Vegetable Soup

Use any vegetables you have on hand.  I needed to use some ingredients we had in the freezer and this soup was a perfect excuse.  I made a big pot that I've been eating on for the last 3 days, and when I polish off the last bowl today I will probably make another batch next week.  Oh my goodness it's so stickin good.

1/2 onion diced
4 carrots diced
2 celery stalks diced
4 garlic cloves minced
Salt, pepper
Cayenne Pepper
Hot sauce
2 bay leaves
Corn, frozen
Cut okra, frozen
Green peas, frozen
1 large (or 2 -3 small) Yukon gold potato diced
1 Small sweet potato diced
28 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
3 cups vegetable broth
Olive oil

Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large pot, add the onions, carrots, and celery.  Saute until the onions are soft and translucent, add the garlic, saute until just fragrant (1 or 2 minutes).  Season with salt and pepper.  Add the tomatoes, bay leaves, corn, okra, green peas, and potatoes.  Add the broth, season with hot sauce and cayenne pepper, stir.  Bring to a simmer, turn the heat to low, cover and cook until the potatoes are cooked through, about 45 minutes.


Comments

Popular Posts