Fish Tacos, Black Bean and Corn Salsa


I've never made these before, but I love fish tacos, so I decided to make them at home. While we were at the beach we made black bean and corn salsa, and I got a craving for it.

Ingredients:

Fish - I used tilapia, but you could use any flaky type of fish you like.
Lime juice
Cilantro
Tony's Creole Seasoning
Canola oil
Coleslaw
Tortillas

1 can black beans
Frozed or fresh corn, about 3/4 cup
1 can fire roasted tomatoes for salsa
1/4 onion, finely diced
1 clove garlic, minced
About 1/4 cup Cilantro
Lime juice of one lime
~ 1/2 tsp Chili powder
Pepper to taste

Marinate the fish in a mixture of cilantro, lime juice, canola oil, and pepper for about 30 minutes in the fridge. Discard the marinade. Meanwhile, mix together coleslaw, the juice of one lime, and about 1/4 cup of cilantro, allow to sit for about 15 minutes. Cook the fish in a skillet over medium heat until flaky, or on the grill. Serve the fish with slaw and tortillas ( I like to make a mixture of mayonnaise, chili powder, and lime juice to go over the tacos).

Black bean and corn salsa: Mix all ingredients together, serve chilled or at room temperature.

Comments

Popular Posts