Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies

I am disappointed in how the picture for these cookies came out, so I may or may not post it. The picture doesn't do them justice. A draw back to baking at night, terrible lighting for pictures. Oh well. Just trust me, these are wonderful. I got the recipe from one of my favorite blogs, The Post Punk Kitchen. I have had the most terrible awful time trying to find canned pumpkin, it's unbelievable! I've been to Kroger, Publix, and Target, to no avail. I had to borrow a can from someone at work. These cookies were even better than I anticipated. Enjoy! I hope your search for canned pumpkin is more successful than mine. 

Yield: ~ 15-20 cookies
 1 cup all purpose flour
 1/3 cup of oats
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
 1/4 tsp nutmeg

 3/4 cup sugar
 1/3 cup oil
 1 Tbsp molasses
 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla
 1 Tbsp flaxseed
Optional: 1/2 cup walnuts, 1/4 cup of raisins.

 Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
 Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Mix together the flour and the next 5 ingredients in a small bowl. In a larger bowl, mix together the sugar and the next 5 ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in 2 batches, folding to combine. Add the walnuts and raisins if using, folding to combine. Drop the dough by tablespoon-fulls onto baking sheet. They will not spread out much, so you can drop them closer together. Flatten the tops of the cookies with a spoon to give them more of a cookie shape. Bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool for about 10 -15 minutes before serving.

Comments

Popular Posts