Happy, happy, happy

Our first Halloween with trick-or -treaters was a success.  We had about 75 or 80 kids, and (thank goodness) only 5 pieces of leftover candy.  Things that I learned: 1.) Make a run to the little girl's room before 6pm, unless you want to hold it until 8 o'clock 2.) Find a place to put the dog, because he will attack children with excessive licking 3.) Buy candy you like and enjoy the leftovers.  On to the next holiday.  I just found a broccoli and cheese casserole recipe, and plan on testing it out this week to make sure it's good to go for Thanksgiving.  Broccoli cheese casserole makes Alex happy, happy, happy (Duck Dynasty.  Are you watching?  Start.).  Also appearing this week:  Hawaiian chicken kabobs with rice and grilled vegetables, lentil chili (for my lunch, if you put lentils in front of Alex he laughs at you), and I'm in the mood for some homemade potato soup.  Recipes to follow, stay tuned.  Side note: time change really messes with the dog.  He thinks we forgot to feed him, and every time I make a move toward the kitchen he starts hopping up and down.  Poor guy, nobody told him about day light savings.

Comments

  1. Goodness! Y'all had a ton of trick-or-treaters!!! Ha!! I bet Luie loved all of 'em. :) I'm anxious to see your recipes...especially the potato soup. YUM!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts