The Well

I had coffee Sunday afternoon with one of my favorite-est people at a new coffee shop in Green Hills, The Well.  We ordered the same fantastic drink... don't ask me to remember what it was called.  It tasted like the best hot chocolate you've ever had (maybe hot chocolate for people with a caffeine problem 2 shots of espresso later.  Designated driver required).  Some kind of latte.  Started with an M.  We'll call it mmmmm latte.  I suffered from a severe craving for it this evening and (surprise) decided to try to recreate it.  This is almost exactly like my hot chocolate recipe, just a little richer with a hint of espresso. Here goes:
8-10 oz of milk (I used cocoanut milk, use whatever kind you like)
2 tsp each of: cocoa powder, sugar, and creamer (I had cocoanut creamer, use any kind, even flavored. Go wild).
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 tsp instant espresso (heaping... don't play).
1 Tbsp chocolate chips
Sprinkle of cinnamon

Heat the milk and chocolate chips in a sauce pan over medium high heat.  Mix together the remaining ingredients in a mug, add the milk, stir until the cocoa mixture dissolves.


Comments

Popular Posts