Baby it's cold outside

Brrr... the heat is turned on, my fuzzy socks are on my feet, and I'm drinking a hot cup of something, usually tea but sometimes you need a chocolate fix.  Store bought packets of hot chocolate are too sweet for me, and of course I like to make everything myself (stubborn Suzie homemaker), so I make my own hot chocolate mix from a recipe that I found in one of my favorite cookbooks (by a dietitian of course).  The Food You Crave by Ellie Krieger has good nutrition advice and excellent recipes.  I like this one because it's quick, easy, and perfect for one!

Homemade Hot Chocolate

1 cup milk (I use cocoanut milk, but use any kind you like)
2 tsp cocoa powder
1/4 tsp vanilla
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp water
Sprinkle of cinnamon

Heat the milk over medium high heat in a saucepan until it just begins to steam.  While the milk heats, stir together the remaining ingredients in your most favorite-est mug.  Add the milk, stir until the chocolate mixture dissolves.  Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts