Broccoli Stir-Fry


I was reading a favorite blog of mine today, Chez Cayenne, and decided to make this. What I love about stir-fry is that you can use or omit anything you like, and get rid of a lot of any leftover veggies you have in the fridge. I don't keep too many ingredients in the pantry specific to Asian cuisine, Alex doesn't care much for it. We don't use ginger very often, so I keep it in the freezer to use whenever I need it, otherwise you should have most the of ingredients for the sauce on hand. I always make enough so that I can pack some for lunch the next day. This recipe should serve 2.

1 head of Broccoli, chopped
1/4 red pepper, diced
1 Summer squash diced
1 Zucchini diced
1/4 onion diced
Salt and pepper to taste
Canola oil

For the sauce:
2 tablespoons peanut butter
~ 1-2 tablespoons of lime juice
1 tablespoon honey
2-3 teaspoons of grated ginger
2 garlic cloves, minced
~5-6 tablespoons of soy sauce
2 tablespoons of water

Mix all of the ingredients for the sauce together, set aside. Heat the canola oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the veggies. Saute for a couple of minutes, the onions should begin to look translucent, add the salt and pepper. Add the sauce, stir to coat the vegetables. Continue to cook ~4 minutes until the sauce just begins to bubble, stirring occasionally. Serve with rice

Comments

  1. I made this is honor of your post last night:

    http://budgetbytes.blogspot.com/2011/04/peanut-soba-stir-fry-857-recipe-143.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts