Last Minute Baking

Lately I have been neglecting my blog.  We haven't tried any new recipes in the past few weeks.  As I type, there is a batch of last minute lemon cupcakes baking in the oven.  Before I left work today (literally, at 3:45) someone informed me that "Denise's birthday is tomorrow!  What are you baking?!"  Well this was news to me.  Denise requested lemon cupcakes.  So I rushed to the grocery store (trying to remember the ingredients without a list), came home and took the butter and cream cheese out of the fridge, and waited.  This is why baking requires more than a 24 hour notice.  Butter and cream cheese have to come to room temperature before they are soft enough to use, and this takes several hours.  Alex said I should "charge them for a rush order."  Not a bad idea.  So, I waited... and waited... and waited.  Then got impatient (and tired) and decided to started baking anyway, room temperature or not, I'm not staying up until 1 am baking cupcakes.  Let's hope these turn out ok!

Comments

Popular Posts