Veggie Tacos


Thursday night has become Leftovers night... aka forced creativity. Alex made chicken club sandwiches. I decided to try my hand at veggie tacos. Bricks Cafe, one of our favorite restaurants, makes some great zucchini tacos, so I got inspired. I bought some zucchini, squash, and eggplant a couple weekends ago at the farmer's market that would go bad soon, so this was a great way to use it up. I made a little sauce to go with it, mayo, lime juice, and chili powder, but if you use a vegan mayonnaise substitute, this recipe is totally vegan-friendly. The following recipe serves 2. ( I'm not in love with this picture but whatever... they were yummy).

1/2 onion, sliced thin
1 summer squash, sliced thin
1 zucchini, sliced thin
1 small eggplant, sliced thin.
Earth Balance butter (or regular butter)
About 1 tablespoon of oil ( I used canola, but whatever you have)
Sprinkle of cayenne pepper
~ 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
Creamy lime dressing (see above)

Melt the butter in a medium skillet, add the oil. Add the vegetables, add the cayenne pepper, cumin, salt and pepper. Saute until the vegetables are soft, and the onions are translucent. Serve in tortillas with dressing.

Comments

  1. Yum-O! I'll have to try this...its super simple. I just happen to have some vegan-aise on hand :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you do! I can't find any at Kroger. I need to make a Whole Foods trip. Right now I've got leftovers of black bean and corn salsa, lime cilanto coleslaw, and some tortillas, makes yummy tacos as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts