Autumn Love

Autumn seems to leave as quickly as it comes.  It's my favorite time of year, and there are so many things I want to do, but our weekends fill up so quickly this time of year.  So I try to fit in as many of my favorite fall things to do as I can.  Here's a list of my no excuses must-do fall fun things.

My Fall Must-Do List:

1.) Decorate the front porch.  This is a first for me this year!  I bought mums, decorated a crafty pumpkin to show our UT pride (twice), and made a wreath.  Call me Martha.
2.) Watch football.  SEC football, people.  Go Vols.
3.) Carve a pumpkin.  My dad and I carved a pumpkin together every single year growing up, even when I was in college.  It's a fall tradition, and now Luie helps me... mostly by eating the cut out pieces of pumpkin.
4.) Get ready for all those trick-or-treaters... and hide the candy from your husband!  I put it in a place I know he'll never find it, like the laundry room :)  This is also the first year that we will have trick-or-treaters.  I have no idea how much candy to get.  If we run out, somebody is getting apples.
5.) Drink a fancy coffee drink.  My favorite - pumpkin spice latte.  Hands down.  Also it's the perfect time of year to bring out the hot tea.
6.) Bake!  Not sure what to bake?  Pumpkin oatmeal cookies!  Check out my favorite recipe.
7.) Hop on a hayride!  My mom and dad host a hay ride and marshmallow roast on their farm every year.  It trumps Christmas.
8.) Pack a picnic.  It's the perfect time of year to spend an afternoon outside.  For me the best place to spread out a blanket is Arrington Vineyards.
9.) Watch a Halloween movie.  Hocus Pocus and The Nightmare Before Christmas are my favorites.  A heated debate in our house is whether The Nightmare Before Christmas is a Halloween movie, or a Christmas flick.  (Halloween!  Duh!).
10.) Snuggle with the puggle.  I mean he really is neglected.

What are your favorite things to do for fall?

Comments

Popular Posts