From the Kitchen to The Beauty Counter

Winter is especially hard on my skin.  The combination of dry, cold air and dry heat inside creates a flaky awful mess on my face.  I moisturize, use night creams and moisturizing cleansers, make sure I drink plenty of water, etc.  Where else would a dietitian finally go for a solution but the kitchen?  What works best for me this time of year are a couple of basic things you probably have in your pantry: sugar and grape seed oil.  (You could also use olive oil, I prefer grape seed oil because it's not as pungent.)  Once or twice a week I use this on my face to help gently remove dry skin, and add moisture without all the chemicals found in most moisturizers.  Use warm water wet your face, use a couple of teaspoons of sugar and gently scrub your skin.  Rinse with warm water.  Then massage your face with about teaspoon of oil for a couple of minutes.  Rinse your face with warm water, blot dry (no rubbing!).  Enjoy your super-soft skin.

Comments

Popular Posts