Simplicity

This week has been so ridiculous I haven't had time to blog.  Glad it's Friday.  Earlier this week, Alex decided to have hot dogs for dinner, and since I don't eat hot dogs, I was on my own.  Sometimes on nights like these, I can come up with some decent new dinner ideas.  I searched the fridge and came up with a delicious combination.  I sliced a carrot, cut some broccoli florets, sliced an apple, tore a chunk of bread from a French baguette, and opened a container of hummus.  Yum.  The only thing that could have made it better: a glass of Pinot Noir.  Next time.  Finding the joy in small pleasures is sometimes the only thing that maintains my sanity during weeks like this.  Thank goodness for Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy, hummus and French bread, and good glasses of wine with a snuggled up puggle to help pull me through.

Comments

Popular Posts