Orange Thumb

I have not one crafty bone in my body.  My relationship with Pinterest is love-hate (mostly love).  All of these cutesy projects ultimately result in frustration and a big mess.  Usually an orange mess (because whatever I'm decorate my house with from September to January will be blaring UT orange.  That's how we roll).  This is my latest failure:
Spray paint didn't work out...
Thank goodness pumpkins have 2 sides, one you can turn to the wall when it looks like True Blood went loco on your Big Orange T ( That's for you, Lindsay! ).

Anyway, I'm trying to do more things around the house to make it homey, including decorating the front porch.  I think we might actually have trick- or-treaters this year, which will be a first for us (so excited!!  Luie needs a costume).  Lacking craftiness and trying to not spend a small fortune on decorations leaves me in a bind.  I love, love wreaths, but they are not cheap... especially the cute ones with a monogram (yes I'm obsessed with monograms).  Alex always tells me, "Seriously Suze, just buy it."  Sorry Alex, I can't bring myself to spend $60 for a wreath on Etsy.  So I went to Michael's this morning, stocked up on Big Orange paint (that glows in the dark!  Quirky but fun for Halloween), a plain wreath ($5!), some artificial flowers, orange ribbon, came home and got to work.  Still living and learning: apparently you can't trim artificial flowers regular scissors.  News to me.  I had to get Alex's saw that cuts through metal to even make a dent in these flowers.  This is some serious stuff people!  I was not prepared!  I added some polka dots to the letter, strung it up with some ribbon, stuffed the flowers into the wreath, and there you have it!  (Just hoping it stays together, I anticipate chasing fake flowers down the side walk).  Now, gotta get this orange paint off my fingers before the next project begins: laundry.

Comments

  1. McClain would be proud of you passing on his phrase!
    The wreath looks good...excited to see what you try next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. McClain just needs to keep the fantastic phrases coming!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts