Butternut Squash and Goat Cheese Penne

I am a sucker for butternut squash.  I put it in soup, pot roast, pasta, roasted fall vegetables, you name it.   I had one sitting on the counter this week waiting for me to decide it's fate.  I'm glad I settled on this.  I found this recipe on Food Network's website - a Giada de Laurentiis recipe (of course, pasta!).  Delicious!  Also- ridiculously easy.

1/2 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
Olive oil
Salt & pepper
Whole grain penne
~2 oz herbed goat cheese
~ 1/2 cup pasta water reserved
Parsley to garnish

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Toss butternut squash with olive oil, salt and pepper.  Roast for about 30 minutes.  As the squash cooks, cook and drain the pasta, set aside reserved water.  Toss goat cheese and pasta together, add pasta water to help melt the cheese.  Add butternut squash and parsley, serve immediately.

Comments

Popular Posts