Sweet Potato Cupcakes


Because we can't just leave cupcakes out of the fall celebration.  We've got everything for fall - fall veggies, fall coffees, fall pies, fall fruit, fall muffins... you get it.  Cupcakes have to come to the party, too.  Hence this creation of cinnamony, warm, sweet, cream cheese-tastic goodness.  The first time Alex and I tasted some amazing sweet potato cupcakes was at a local bakery, Sparkle Cupcakes... which has since closed :(  so I decided to bake some myself.  Why be deprived?  I looked at a few different recipes and came up on this one from the Food Network: Sweet Potato Cupcakes, Brown Sugar Frosting  I followed this recipe, but I cut it in half and ended up with exactly 12 cupcakes.  I did not however use this frosting recipe.  I stuck with a basic cream cheese frosting: 1 stick of butter, 4 oz cream cheese, powdered sugar (~1 cup) and I added a sprinkle of cinnamon.  These cupcakes smell ah-mazing in the oven.

Comments

  1. And they are sooo good! Cupcake collection has nothing you on, Suze!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked! Have to make more soon... not too soon.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts