Christmas Traditions


Grandmother's Christmas tree

Kayden opening gifts, cutie. 
Oh, those cookies were for Santa?  ... oops. 
I was thinking about my "must do list" for fall and realized that I don't have one for Christmas!  How sad... probably because I'm running around like a nut trying to get all of the shopping and cooking done, and squeezing in a gingerbread latte from Starbucks feels like an impossible guilty pleasure.  Alex and I are so committed to starting our own traditions it's hysterical.  We seem to add new traditions every year... soon we will run out of time to fit it all in!  Our holiday schedule is pretty packed.  Christmas Eve we have dinner and open gifts at my grandmother's (Mom's side) then swing over to Dad's mom's place to open gifts there.  Christmas morning we have breakfast and open gifts with my parents, then head over to the in-laws to have lunch/ dinner there and open gifts.  Whew!  That's the basic schedule.  Christmas Eve, Alex and I watch Christmas Vacation and play Scrabble together over dessert.  This year Alex proclaimed that we should make hot chocolate spiked with Bailey's part of our annual traditions... I'm indifferent to the Bailey's but I'm always up for hot chocolate (spike mine with espresso).

Comments

Popular Posts