Orzo and Wild Rice Salad

Maybe most people think of prime rib when they think of J. Alexanders.  I dream about their orzo and wild rice salad... I lack the words to describe the deliciousness.  Thank goodness for Google and copy cat recipes.  Every time I make a new recipe, I learn something new.  With this recipe, I learned that wild rice takes a loooong time to cook, but it's definitely worth the wait.  Here goes!  Makes 2 servings as a side item.  It's even better after refrigerating overnight.

Ingredients:
~ 1/2 - 3/4 cup of orzo, cook according to package directions
1/4 cup wild rice, cook according to package
1/4 cup total of both diced red and yellow peppers
1-2 Tbsp Red onion diced
3 Tbsp Craisins
3 Tbsp Currants
1/4 cup Corn
Dressing:
3 Tbsp Olive oil
1 tsp While balsamic vinegar
2 tsp Honey
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic minced
Basil and parsley
Almonds, chopped
Salt and pepper

Toss it, eat it.

Comments

Popular Posts