Happy Monday

Green tea to warm up this chilly day. 
Maybelline Color Whisper #45 (sorry this is hard to see!) 
I tend to get a little blue this time of year.  After the holidays everything slows down, the decorations return to the closet, and the days are cold and dark.  Yuck.  As much as it kills me to admit it, a work out is the only thing that helps take me from blah to woohoo!  I was really reminded of this today.  First thing this morning (after coffee and oatmeal) I headed to a pilates lesson, walked Luie (despite my better judgement), suffered through an intense At Home Circuit Workout via PBFingers.com, then did 30 minutes of yoga (ever looked at the workouts free on On Demand?  There are some good workouts to be found).  Luie, the master of upward dog, has to walk up beside me and remind me that I'm doing it wrong.  Thanks, buddy.  Even though the weather today was gray and miserable, I'm near the end of the day and feeling good.  Now, you might argue that it's the new 'every day' red lip color that I found at Target today.  A sound argument.  I'm loving this color more every time I put it on.  It's moisturizing, smooth and not at all sticky or drying.  I'm currently obsessed with red lipstick, please excuse me.
Dinner time!  Not bad for a Monday :) 
Dinner tonight (while I'm at the stove with my red lips) includes Blackened Tilapia, garlic and almond green beans, and oven roasted potatoes (I might even throw in a kale salad for myself cuz I love it sooo much).  I loved this meal because it was super duper easy to make.

Blackened Tilapia

Tilapia filets
Blackened seasoning (I use Kroger brand)
Canola oil

Heat the oil over medium heat in a skillet, season the tilapia liberally with blackened seasoning.  Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side.

Almond Garlic Green Beans

1 package French green beans, fresh
1 clove garlic minced
~4 Tbsp chopped almonds
Olive oil
Did someone say green beans?!

Heat oil in a small skillet over low-medium heat.  Add the green beans, saute for 3 minutes or so, add the almonds and garlic, cook for another few minutes to just brown the almonds and garlic.





Comments

Popular Posts